Retired Books

When I first began writing for Maztica Alive!, I tried my hand at the third edition - a system I didn't have the strongest grip on.  However, I have been told by quite a few folks now that they appreciated these early efforts and even though I do not consider these "canon" any longer, I will happily share them here.

Many of these books have been updated in full or among a collection of newer products.  Some I still have intentions to get around to updating in the future as well.

Claw and Sting - Scorpionfolk of the True World

This was the original, 3e version of MZS3 Claw and Sting.  It has been fully updated, but there might be some tidbits left over that weren't transferred to the 5e version.  .

Diamond Eyes

This story was created using multiple writers; each contributing a paragraph to an overarching story.  It was developed on this thread on the Piazza over a decade ago and while I believe there is some potential still within the story, a full fledged Maztica Alive! project would take a major rework.  This project was also one of the first to be updated to 5e, but even that requires a reworking.

 


This book was to serve as a cornucopia of ideas for the True World that weren't long enough for a supplement of their own.  Many of its ideas have been updated in other products, and some (like the Ruins of Esh Alakar adventure) may be in the future. 


Lopango - Land of the Sacred Sun

Updated and expanded greatly, this is the predecessor to LPC1 The Lopango Campaign Guide

Monsters of the True World - Maztica and Lopango

Before Anchorome was even a thought of mine, I tried to put together a monster manual for creatures from Maztica and Lopango.  I had also added some "island" myth inspired creatures thinking that one day, I might expand Maztica Alive! into a Carribean setting.  They are still in there while the others have all been updated to 5e and balanced far more carefully.  

Updated creatures appear in MZS1 Monsters of Maztica and LPS1 Monsters of Lopango

The Great Skyhome - Maztica and Spelljammer

Second to my love of Maztica and the True World has always been both Spelljammer and Planescape.  This project was my attempt to marry Maztica with Spelljammer and I still love many of its ideas.  This project was also the origin of the book MZM3 The Penguinfolk.

Of all the retired projects, this is one which is most likely to receive a post in the Workshop very soon!

For now, that is it.  There are multiple versions of these books out there somewhere on the internet in addition to a few others I can't even find anymore.  If I do, I will be sure to update the links.



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Workshop: PSS2 Monsters of the Spirit World (Released 1-21-24)

Books by Seethyr

About Maztica Alive!